Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I am a nomad

I have only one day left before leaving for Thailand, and I suddenly don't feel ready to leave yet. The whole summer, I've been looking forward to the day that I board the Delta flight and wishing that time would go faster. Though I am still excited about leaving tomorrow, I feel apprehensive at the same time of leaving LA, a place I called home for 3 months. I've gotten into the rhythm of things here with my family and just when I've started appreciating this place and developing a daily routine, I have to leave. But that's life I guess. Transitions, transitions, transitions. I have been living the life of a nomad for many years now, moving from home to home and country to country. I guess only when the heart is forced to contemplate the fact that it is going to be thousands of miles further away from home and family, it begins to beat stronger. I do know I need to go to Thailand. There is something about the series of fortunate events that led me to the Fulbright fellowship that makes me feel like there are going to be big changes coming in my life this coming year...good changes. I am really looking forward to meet my Fulbright cohort, the program officers, and the people of Thailand.


The view I wake up to everyday

1 comment:

  1. Steven! It's great to reconnect with you after so long. I am very excited for you being able to teach in Thailand! I may actually be in Thailand for the winter holidays, so maybe we can meet up then.

    I cant wait to hear about the wonderful adventures you're going to embark on real soon! Be safe, and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete