Spending time with Hannah and Nicole at Cal Anderson park one last time
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Packing
I finished my last final today. As I was preparing to leave, my professor came up to me and handed me a recent article concerning the academic job market. He told me that he was thinking of me when he read the article and wanted me to have it so that I know about the real world and keep my options open. The article essentially communicated the fact that tenure track positions at universities are almost non-existent these days and the average age of a post-doc who gets his or her first secure job is around 36. SO reassuring. That article didn't alleviate the fact that I have been feeling the blues about leaving the security and comfort of college. I guess I always knew I would have to deal with "real" life one day, but I wasn't expecting it to come this fast. Perhaps this is not a good time to be contemplating my future...I just need to pack my things and get them ready to be shipped home tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Seeing this photo made my day in a very big way! (Apparently so much so that I rhymed.) I miss you a lot. I'm glad we have that evening at Cal Anderson to look back on! Hope your summer is going well.
ReplyDelete